The Pimp’s Illustrated Manual explains the main techniques used by pimps and traffickers to manipulate and mentally control women in order to convince them that they are in prostitution by choice. It is based on human rights instruments and scientific sources:
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations, 1948.
- Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others, 1949
- Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons Especially Women and Children, supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime (Palermo Protocol), 2000
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence- From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, Judith Herman, 1992
- Pimp Subjugation of Women by Mind Control
Harvey Schwartz, Jody Williams and Melissa Farley, 2007
- Trauma-Coerced Bonding and Victims of Sex Trafficking: Where Do We Go from Here?
Chitra Raghavan and Kendra Doychak, 2015.
- The Pimp, Documentary by Mabel Lozano, 2018.