Prostitution Research & Education, a small non-profit working towards sex and race equality and economic justice for women and children, is looking for interns to join our team. In the past, our interns have played a critical role in helping PRE accomplish its goals. We are grateful to those who have given their time and expertise toward our vision and passion of abolishing prostitution and providing real alternatives.
As an organization, we continue to have many needs and we welcome you to join us. We currently have a variety of internship opportunities, including web development, social media management, data management, research literature review and several other projects.
We are flexible with internships, based on our needs and yours. We can work with you and your school to provide academic credit if you have an advisor who will permit it. We also have worked with very bright, creative people who collaborate with us in using our research data. This cannot usually be completed in less than 8 or 9 months.
- Committed to sex and race equality and to abolition of the sexual exploitation of women, men and children in prostitution and trafficking
- Depending on the task, may need to spend at least one day per week, in the office (located near SFSU)
- Willing to commit to minimum internship duration of 3 months – longer is preferred but may not be necessary
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Writing skills a big plus – both academic and for the web
- Strong typing skills recommended
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Word, and WordPress (for those interested in assisting with web management)
How to apply
- Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- List of three references
- 1-2 page statement about how you got interested in prostitution and trafficking, what you have learned about the field, and why you want to work with PRE
- Cover letter
- Statement of days and hours of availability